Celebrating National Farmers’ Market Week
Even as National Farmers’ Market Week wraps up Saturday, Greater Green Bay’s local farmers’ market scene is going strong and most continue through September.
• The Saturday Farmers’ Market in downtown Green Bay runs from 7 a.m.-noon every Saturday along South Washington and Doty Streets through the end of October.
Founded in 1917, the event is in its 105th season and draws on average 8,000 people to the Downtown Green Bay District each week.
This market features more than 75 local vendors offering fresh produce, baked goods, carry out foods, coffee and teas, meats, cheeses, flowers and plants, handcrafted goods, soaps and more.
• The Farmers’ Market on Broadway runs from 3-8 p.m. every Wednesday on Broadway between Dousman and Walnut Streets through the end of September.
Hours reduce to 3-7 p.m. after Labor Day.
This event is in its 19th season and draws 10,000 to 15,000 people to the Broadway District each week for 19 straight weeks.
It is one of On Broadway, Inc.’s most successful community events.
It is also one of the largest farmers’ markets in Northeast Wisconsin with more than 90 local vendors.
• The Farmers’ Market on Military takes place from 2-7 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 27 in the Green Bay Plaza parking lot at the corner of West Mason Street and Military Avenue.
Billed as an all-local, no-frills farmers’ market, the event features products that are grown, made and created locally.
• De Pere’s Farmers’ Market runs from 3-8 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 22 (hours reduce to 3-7 p.m. in September) in George Street Plaza between Wisconsin Street and Broadway.
In addition to a wide variety of local growers and makers, visitors also enjoy weekly featured musicians and river views, and pets are welcome.
• Also on Thursdays, the Oneida Farmers’ Market runs from noon-6 p.m. through September 29 at N7332 Water Circle Place, just off Hwy. 54 west of the Norbert Hill Center.
The market is designed as an outlet for fruits, vegetables, crafts and other items raised, grown or made by the seller.
• The Seymour Farmers’ market runs from 2-6 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 30 at Woodland Plaza just off Hwy. 54 and features local produce, crafts, food and entertainment.