Addition approved for De Pere industrial park
By Lee Reinsch
The council voted unanimously to approve a revised final plat of the addition, located in the 600 block of Rockland Road, northwest of the intersection of Rockland Road and the Fox River State Recreational Trail.
Eight parcels are included in the addition.
Back in April, the council unanimously approved the preliminary as well as a final plat, but since then, four revisions were made. Those changes include:
• The consolidation of lots 41 and 44 into one lot.
• Moving the boundary line between lots 40 and 41 to the south.
• Removing a right-of-way, which had been earmarked for a future cul-de-sac on Profit Place, in favor of holding off that determination for later in the development of the project.
• Removing parcel ED-2382 and thus changing the outer boundary of the plat.
The plat is former farmland surrounded by a combination of single-family residential, agricultural and industrial zoning.
In 2000, the third addition of the industrial park was formed with the western parcels.
In addition, the board gave unanimous approval to:
• An extraterritorial three-lot certified survey map for the 2200 block of French Road in the Town of Lawrence. At one time a wayside, the land is located between Creekside Circle and Larry Lane, adjacent to the southwest city limits. Its three lots, to be zoned commercial, will be 2.9, 4.2 and 1.7 acres.
• A 10-lot, two-outlot final extraterritorial plat of American Rapids Subdivision in the 2700 block of Lawrence Drive in the Town of Lawrence. American Drive would change in name to American Boulevard to avoid confusion.
People may notice a few changes to parking in some spots downtown on the both sides of the Fox River.
Among the changes on the west side are the end of three-hour parking on some parts of Main Avenue and Fifth Street, and changing some spots of three-hour parking on Reid Street from the north side to the south side of the street.
Some of the changes are to accommodate the future Cobblestone Hotel & Suites, which is being built on the corner of Fifth and Main.
On the east side of downtown, changes to parking include some long-term and three-hour spots at Perrot Square parking lot.
Finally, the council:
• Presented Foxview Intermediate School with a commendation for earning a 2021 Blue Ribbon Schools honor.
• Voted to accept a donation of $250 to the recreation scholarship fund from the Pink Flamingo Classic softball tournament.
• Voted to accept two donations from the De Pere Area Men’s Club totaling $600.