Giving Tree’s Holiday Store needs donations
HOWARD – The Giving Trees Holiday Store is accepting donations for families to purchase gifts at costs that are affordable.
The money collected from these purchases will be donated back to The Giving Tree to continue to fulfill its mission.
The families that are chosen to shop are selected based on referral and financial hardships.
Based on research and community feedback, The Giving Tree found parents would rather work and pay for the clothing, toys and gifts that bring joy to their kids during the holidays.
This model instills pride and dignity in the families served.
People can help by using the shopping list below to purchase items for the Holiday Store.
People can purchase any number of items.
All unwrapped donations can be dropped off at Green Bay Community Church (GBCC) at the front entrance from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Nov. 11-Dec. 8, and from 7:30 a.m. to noon Sunday mornings.
GBCC will be closed from Nov.28-30.
Dropoff locations are also available at Willow Clothing Co., The Candy Bar and Thornberry Cottage.
To schedule a drop-off outside of these dates/hours, contact Angela Klumb at email@example.com or call and leave a message at 920-593-3484.
People can make a cash donation, or provide Target or Meijer gift cards to Green Bay Community Church for The Giving Tree Holiday Store.
Drop off cash or gift cards at the Green Bay Community Church front office, attention “The Giving Tree,” on or before Thursday, Dec. 5.
The money will be used to purchase needed items for the store.
All items must be new and not used.
Clothing for students (no infant sizes)
• Boots and snow pants.
• Graphic T-shirts (teen size S-XL).
• Sweatpants – all sizes.
• Leggings – female all sizes.
• Pajamas – all sizes.
• Fleece/flannel pants (teen size S-XL).
• Hats/waterproof gloves/mittens (all sizes).
• Boys’ knit hats.
• Boys’ long athletic socks.
• Girls’ long fun socks, boot socks, fuzzy socks.
• Hooded sweatshirts (teen sizes S-XL).
Ideas for boys/girls
• LEGOS – high demand items.
• Remote control toys.
• Princess items.
• Board games.
• Art supplies (i.e. scrapbook, craft, projects).
• Sports equipment and balls (i.e. football, soccer balls basketball, sleds, Nerf) – high demand items.
• Other toys.
Ideas for teens
(This is the largest age group)
• Sports equipment and balls (i.e. football, basketball, fishing rod) – high demand items.
• Bath and body products for females.
• Old Spice and Axe body products.
• Cosmetics, eye shadow, nail polish.
• Skull Candy and Sony ear buds.
• $10 gift cards (iTunes, coffee, gas cards, fast food, etc.).
• Water bottles.