Home » News » Fire displaces Ashwaubenon family

Fire displaces Ashwaubenon family

ASHWAUBENON – At approximately 8:45 a.m. Dec. 11, Ashwaubenon Public Safety was dispatched to 980 Marvelle Lane for a house fire.

The first responding officer attempted to rescue people inside the residence but was turned back due to heavy smoke.

The first arriving fire crews entered the residence with SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and were able to remove five people and two dogs from the home. Some of those were taken out of a basement window.

All persons were treated by EMS on the scene and none were transported to the hospital.

Ashwaubenon Public Safety gives credit to Andrew Collins, a Chaplain for the Green Bay Metro Fire Department for recognizing and calling 911 to report the fire.

Linda Noel was also passing by with a 3-year-old in the car when she noticed smoke coming from the home. She dialed 911 and stayed until officers arrived.

Ashwaubenon Public Safety was assisted by Green Bay Metro, Howard, De Pere, Hobart and Lawrence Fire and County Rescue Services for EMS and the Brown County Public Safety Communications Center.

The Red Cross has responded to assist the family.

The fire remains under investigation by the Brown County Fire Investigation Task Force.

Facebook Comments
Scroll to Top