By Annette Aubinger
ASHWAUBENON – Ashwaubenon’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee met on Monday, Oct. 9 and discussed priority walkway projects that will be presented to the Village Board on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
Rex Mehlberg, director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry reviewed with the committee 11 future sidewalk considerations.
He told the committee a lot of the funding will come through TIF dollars where the action is in Titletown and other funding would come from various sources.
The priority walkway projects are not in any particular order of importance.
The list of sidewalk considerations is:
• Morris Avenue: Oneida to Holmgren on the north side (in front of new hotel)
• Titletown District: Orrie Lane to Titletown (from Cormier) – both sides of the street
• Titletown District: Marlee to Titletown (from Nova) – both sides of the street
• Titletown District: Ridge Road to Titletown (from Cormier) east side of street 2018 project
• Titletown District: Brookwood (running E &W) as appropriate where plans allow (with
• Titletown project possibly)
• Hanson Road (south side) from Creekwood/Foxcroft Apartments to Oneida (2019)
• Hanson Road (north side) from Oneida to Holmgren (in front of post office, WG&R etc)
• Cormier Road (south side) from San Luis Place to Ashland (in places where walkway is missing)
• Oneida Street/Waube: From Allied to Ridge Road on the north side (2018 project)
• Ridge Road: Between Waube and Hanson on the East side (in front of daycare and businesses)
• Cormier Road: south side from North Road to Pilgrim. There is a sidewalk section under 41, but it does not connect to the Pilgrim sidewalk, nor to North Road which is a fairly well-used route.
Curb cuts are already in. there is a minimal amount of sidewalk (about 275 feet) and apron needed to make this much safer. A piece of it might be done in 2017.